Offshore plants represent a special challenge in development, construction and operation. Work at sea must be well prepared. Our forecasts ensure the best possible preparation for production as well as for assembly and maintenance operations.
Our investigations include
- Determination of loads from wind, wave, current and ice
- The movement behaviour of floating objects
- Positioning with tractors or DP systems
- Strength of Grout compounds
- Removal of loads in the seabed, safe foundation
Safety plays a particularly important role in offshore technology. Our simulations examine situations that are difficult to represent in experiments due to their hazard potential or cost intensity.
These include fire and explosion calculations, the design of safety equipment or the evaluation of the scour risk.
In addition to preliminary calculations, we also carry out complex practical tests (e.g. model towing tests in the flow or ice channel).